Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday = laundry, and dishes in my house.....

So in the midst of getting caught up on the house work I decided to try a new smoothie I had been reading a lot about lately.  A "green" smoothie! I'm lucky enough to really enjoy vegetables on their own, raw or cooked so I have no problem getting in all my veggies in a day but thought it would be great to be able to sneak in an extra serving while having a fruity flavor added. 
So I threw all the ingredients in the blender and viola!  A most delicious green smoothie! 

It was very filling and quite tasty.  If you can get over the "greenness"(is that even a word?) I would suggest giving it a try.  Here's the recipe:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 frozen banana
5 frozen strawberries
1/2 packet instant coffee
1 1/2 large handfuls of spinach (I used some baby spinach)
about 1/2 cup crushed ice

Dinner was burgers and roasted cauliflower.  It turned out to be a beautiful afternoon here in Texas so we decided to eat outside on the patio.  The kids really enjoyed it although once the sun went down it got a little chilly pretty quickly. 
Dinner:  Yum! I had mine with no bun( loving the low carb life) and lots of added toppers.  Goat cheese, lettuce, red onion, Duke's Mayo, Sugar Free Ketchup, mustard and a little avocado on the side.




This was my first time trying Goat Cheese and I have to say it was really good! Very smooth with a little added sweetness.  I can't wait to add it in to more recipes in the future.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend....back to the daily grind tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment