Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Mom Jeans" and other things....


I am lucky enough to work at an office where jeans are perfectly acceptable attire any day of the week....however I usually only use this luxury once or twice a week.  So today as I was putting on my jeans I thought to myself "Hmm...I wonder if these would classify as Mom Jeans?"  The reason.....I am a short legged long torso go so the usual jeans are low rise or mid rise for me.  They tend to fit my short legs better, but anyway these jeans were a bit more high waisted then I am used to and my mind suddenly flashed to the whole "Mom Jeans" thing.....


Poor Jessica Simpson and her "Mom Jeans"


But no really I don't think mine were that bad but it sure felt different to wear such high waisted jeans. I meant to snap a picture to see if I was over analyzing my higher rise jeans but unfortunately forgot and changed into work out clothes once I got home.

Food for the day was rather un-eventful until my afternoon snack.

Yum!  My favorite Greek Yogurt FAGE!! Mixed with a little sweetener, sliced almonds, ground Cinnamon, and chia seeds.  This is almost better than ice cream----hmmm maybe I am using the word almost pretty lightly here but it's still a delicious, filling, and nutritious snack!


Dinner was what I think is becoming one of my new favorites....Zucchini Pasta Bowl


 First use a julienne peeler to peel the zucchini
 Then add them to a medium heated skillet with a little olive oil and garlic.  Toss them around for 2-5 minutes.  You don't want to over cook them or they will get soggy.
 I added some Monte Bene Farm Fresh Garlic Marina. ( All Natural, no sugar added...good stuff!)
 Finished noodles
I also added some shredded chicken that I had just boiled up on the stove and then "shredded" by using 2 forks to pull apart, some steamed broccoli, and a little shredded mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.  This was soooo yummy and I didn't miss the real noodles that the rest of my family was eating at all!!

So I dont' think anyone is reading my blog yet (but a girl can be hopeful right?)  So my question if anyone is out there....do you own a pair of "Mom Jeans" 

No comments:

Post a Comment